Picture

Picture

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Resources for Genealogy Research in Luxembourg

In September, I wrote about my Link Collection to Various Genealogy & History Resources Online. This collection is my Diigo bookmark library targeted at genealogy. I created a list for each state, as well as a few countries and various topics. There is also a list for general genealogy resources. Over the next week or so, I will highlight some of these lists.

luxembourg Luxembourg Genealogy

Here are a few of the resources I use frequently when researching my Luxembourg ancestors.

Luxembourg Civil Registrations, 1793-1923 – Digital images of births, marriages, and deaths filmed by the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.  Refer to my post Using Luxembourg Civil Registrations on FamilySearch for more information.

List of Communes of Luxembourg – Great resource from Wikipedia that lists the names of all Luxembourg communes that correspond to a number on a map for geographical reference.

Grand Duchy of Luxembourg Old Postcards – Tons of real-photo postcards of places in Luxembourg.

Research Tools –  Research tools for Luxembourg and France. Includes general information, word lists, town lists, maps, and more. Also information on Alsace Lorraine.

German Word List – Very helpful resource from the FamilySearch Wiki for understanding records written in German.

French Word List – If you are working with Luxembourg records, you will need to know French as well as German, especially the further back in time you go.  This list is also from the FamilySearch Wiki.  It’s not as visually-friendly as the German Word List, but it’s the only one I know of at the moment.

Visit Luxembourg Genealogy for the entire list of Luxembourg resources, or visit my library to see my entire collection and other lists.

I’m always updating these resources, so be sure to check back regularly. To receive updates to the Luxembourg Genealogy list, you can subscribe via RSS. You can also subscribe to my entire collection at for updates to all of my lists.

diigo-rss


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...