Picture

Picture

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

For My Grandaunt Flo at Christmas

My mom got an unexpected call from my grandaunt Flo.  Although she has some major health issues and is bound to a wheelchair, her mind is well intact.  They talked a lot about family.  My mom told her I was working on our family history and Flo is more than happy to help me out.  I am planning a trip to see her around the holidays. 

My mom informed me that Flo had lost pictures of her first wedding in a house fire.  I only have a few (none of her), but I wanted to make her some copies.  Instead of simply printing out the photos, I decided to try my hand (for the second time) at digital scrapbooking. 

I created three pages, all 300 dpi for printing.  And although my printer is fantastic and prints bleeds and high quality prints, I am going to take them to Kinko's and have them printed on a thicker paper (copy paper just doesn't do photos justice) and save on color ink.  I am going to matte and frame them and give them to Flo as a Christmas gift.  I hope she enjoys them!

This first one is of Flo's wedding, which shows my grandmother, Joan (Flo's sister); my grandfather, Jack; and my dad as a little boy (I think that's one of her favorite photos, as she remembered it when she talked to my mom).

Aunt Flo's Wedding copy

This next one is of my grandparent's wedding.  The group photo is of my grandparent's; my granduncle (grandpa's brother, Ray); and family friend, "Aunt" Pat.  You may recognize the friend from an earlier post Are They One in the Same? (more on that in my next post).

Jack & Joan's Wedding copy

This last one is of McMahon family.  There is a picture of Flo and Joan as young girls, a few of them as young women, and one of their parents John & Emma.

McMAhon Family copy

The design collections used were courtesy of Raspberry Road Designs:

GenBlog Signature


Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

A very sweet gift! I'm certain she'll love it.

Janet Iles said...

Those scrapbook pages look great. I am sure your grandaunt Flo will love them.

Cindy said...

A much treasured gift to give her! You did a great job on the digital scrapbooking. I especially love the first page. Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! I've been avoiding learning how to scrapbook digitally because I'm afraid of it's addictive tendencies. These pages, however, are really tempting me to try it. :)

Jasia said...

Your pages are lovely, Julie!

Miriam Robbins said...

Julie, I meant to comment on this quite a while ago, but my wireless was acting up at the time. I re-discovered this post going through my list of starred items on Google Reader. You did a fabulous job and I'm sure this will be a treasure for years to come. BTW, Raspberry Road Designs is one of my favorite new non-genie blogs, thanks to you!

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...