Weekly column sharing genealogy-related things that I’ve found.
- Family Stories, Pam Garrett
- K.B. Genealogy & Research, Kelly Leary
- Spilling the Family Beans, Deborah Large Fox
- Rambling Along the Ancestral Trail, Deborah A. Carder Mayes
- Italian Civil Political Jurisdictions – Town and City, Finding Our Italian Roots
- More Graveyard Buzz, Irish Times
- Using WikiTree: The How and the Why, Begin With ‘Craft’
- A Veterans Day Tribute to Those Who Are Still Coming Home - from Vietnam, Korea, WWII and WWI, Megan Smolenyak
- Shhhh…Pinterest Adds Secret Boards, Technology Tamers
- National Archives [of Ireland] Launches Genealogy Website, Irish Genealogy News
- Tithe Applotment Books Now Online at NAI, Irish Genealogy News
- Irish Soldiers’ Wills 1914-1917 Launched by NAI, Irish Genealogy News
Websites & Resources
Chicago Genealogist (Newberry Library) - "This online collection of the Chicago Genealogist is free to the public and contains volumes 1-39 (1969-2007). A supplemental listing of the contents of the quarterly is available on the society's website." Thanks for the tip, Harold! The Swedish American Genealogist (Augustana College) is also available from 1981 to 2007.
Daily Life Along the Chicago Burlington and Quincy Railroad (Newberry Library) - Daily Life Along the Chicago Burlington and Quincy Railroad (Newberry Library)
CARLI Digital Collections - Various digital collections of documents, photos, letters, maps, etc. Most collections are freely accessible to the public while a few need to be accessed from a participating institution. Most collections seem to be focused on Illinois.
Genealogy and Family History @ StackExchange - "This is a collaboratively edited question and answer site for expert genealogists and people interested in genealogy or family history. It's 100% free, no registration required."
|November 12||YouTube for Archiving Family Interviews||DearMYRTLE||DearMYRTLE|
|November 13||Sidestep Genealogy||George G. Morgan||Illinois State Genealogical Society|
|November 14||Genealogy For Novices: Where Do We Begin?||Linda Woodward Geiger||Legacy Family Tree|
|November 15||The Basics of DNA Testing for Genealogy||Diahan Southard||Utah Genealogical Association|
|November 16||10 Ideas for Great Gifts Using Your Family Photos||Thomas MacEntee||Legacy Family Tree|
|November 27||DNA Explained: An Intro to DNA for Genealogists||Roberta Estes||Association of Professional Genealogists|
|November 28||The Big 4 US Record Sources||Mary Hill||Legacy Family Tree|
|November 29||Yikes, My DNA Results are Back! Now What???||Roberta Estes||Association of Professional Genealogists|
|December 1||Sharing and Preserving Memories in a Digital Era||Daniel Horowitz||Southern California Genealogical Society|
|December 5||Researching Your Irish Ancestors: Beyond the Basics||Judith Eccles Wight||Legacy Family Tree|
|December 10||Embracing Technology||DearMYRTLE||DearMYRTLE|
|December 11||Ready-Set-Plan! Developing a One-Step Research Plan||J. Mark Lowe||Illinois State Genealogical Society|
|December 19||Jewish Genealogy 101||Schelly Talalay Dardashti||Southern California Genealogical Society|