Picture

Picture

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rottman Letter, 17 December 1942

A continuation of letters written by my great-grandfather, George Rottman.  The letters were written to his children while he was away from home visiting family in Iowa and Wisconsin in the 1940s.

George sent this letter about a week before Christmas in 1942.  It was written to Marge (Rottman) Comerford, her husband Lawrence, and baby daughter Shirley.  A transcription follows the images.


Wild Rose Wis
Dec 17-42

Dear Marge Laur & Shirley Ann

Received your letter and was glad to hear from you.  I am well hope you all are the same.  I got a card from Mabel with a buck in it.  I just ans it  I also got a letter from Ed, Marie, Marge, and Geo.  So it keeps me busy writing and buying postage stamps Ha. Ha.  Ed sent me air mail stamps 2 of them so I used one on his letter and put one on Mabels as I only had one 3 cent stamp left untill I get to town  It still keeps snowing up here it is about a foot deep now.  Dick [Richard Rottman?] finaly bought a farm for $4,000.  Its a nice place not far from a lake and 2 1/2 miles to Wild Rose  Well I will make this letter sort as I will tell you all when I see you.  I expect to come in the day before Christmas if I am not snowed in.  So will ring off untill then

Love to all

Dad

Transcribed by Julie Marie CAHILL Tarr, 24 August 2008.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...