Picture

Picture

Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Finds – 01/08/10

It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted this column.  With the new year upon us, I figured it’s time to start it up again.

Blog – One of my new favorite blogs is Blog of a Genealogist in Training.  Right now, the main focus of the blog is the authors work on completing the NGS Home Study Course.

Revolutionary War Pension File – This week, I found (by accident) the pension file for my sixth great-grandfather Solomon NORTON (aka NAUGHTON) on Footnote.  What was more interesting than the pension papers, were the varied query letters in the file.  One letter’s author I recognized immediately.  But there are letters from two other individuals who are apparently Solomon’s heirs, but I do not have them in my tree as of yet, so I’m curious to know how they are related.

Irish Records – I’m just about finished reading the book Tracing Your Irish Ancestors, Third Edition, by John Grenham.  So far I’ve learned about what records exist, where they exist, and how to obtain them.  I can’t wait to dive into my Irish heritage, and this book is a huge stepping stone to doing so.

Article – From Kimberly Powell’s About.com Genealogy Blog, is a good primer article, Starting a Genealogy Business.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...