Picture

Picture

Monday, November 30, 2009

The Miller House

Back in May, I posted about a box of photographs my aunt had given me.  Today, I finally had some time to go through them.  I found quite a bit of photos I had never seen, including the ones featured in this post.

In 1949, my grandfather, Harold MILLER spent six months building his own home.  It’s a one-of-a-kind that he designed himself and is situated on a large lot in Elmhurst, Illinois.  It’s an all-brick, three-bedroom ranch with a fireplace.  My mother grew up in that house, with her parents and brother.  My mom, dad, and I moved in after my grandmother passed away in July 1989, and it remained in the family until 1996.

These photos were taken during the six months of construction, from excavating the lot to near-completion.  For photos of the house after completion (and how it looks today) visit my Wordless Wednesday post from July.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Tonia Kendrick said...

Very cool post. Don't you love seeing the progress of the house?

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...