Picture

Picture

Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Finds

Weekly column sharing genealogy-related things that I’ve learned or found.

  • Saturday’s Child, written by JamaGenie – This is sort of a new-to-me-blog.  I say this because I’m pretty sure I was subscribed to it, but I think it was one that was lost during my IE broweser/RSS failure.  JamaGenie was kind enough to leave a comment on my blog the other day and I’m glad she did as I found a lost blog.
  • “Long Island Sound as a Genealogical Region,” by Frederick C. Hart Jr.  This article was published in the Winter 2009 edition of New England Ancestors (pg. 26-29).  It’s a really good article to read, especially if you have relatives along the southern border of Connecticut, the eastern borders of New York and New Jersey, as well as Long Island.  I personally have ancestors in New Haven, New London, and Stonington counties of Connecticut, so this article gave me some new ideas for research in that area.
  • Learned that you can set up a feed from Alltop’s genealogy page by entering http://genealogy.alltop.com/rss in the address bar.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...