Picture

Picture

Friday, January 2, 2009

Reminiscing With Mom

The trip to Arizona to visit mom for Christmas was an emotional one, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

We talk all the time on the phone, sharing stories, past and present.  But something about visiting in person brings out so much more.  I found Mom saying, "Did I ever tell you the story about...," constantly.  Needless to say, I got lots of family history nuggets on this trip.

Mom and I also sat down and went through photos.  I had a batch of unknowns that I figured I'd bring with me, so we sorted through them.  I was left with a handful of unknowns that my grandaunt Flo would probably be able to identify.  We went through the photos that she still had, most of which were of my step-father's family.  And we went through the scrapbook I made for her on her 50th birthday (I could kick myself for how I put that thing together--eke!). 

We also got a surprise gift from my cousin, who sent a DVD of his junior high graduation from 1988 (I think) when my grandmother and dad were still alive.  I was a joyous time when the family was together, but it was hard to watch, as grandma and dad died shortly after.  I think this is the only video I have of my dad, so it will be treasured.  Thanks, Chris!

I had a great time reminiscing with mom and hope to do it again soon (hint, hint, you're due for a trip out this way!).

GenBlog Signature


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...