Weekly column sharing genealogy-related things that I’ve found.
- Mad About Genealogy, Linda Elliott
- Twigs and Trees, Celia Lewis
- The Houstory® Hearth, Mike and Dan Hiestand
- Corduroy & Silk Genes, LizzyLu
- Genealogy Circle, Cindy Freed
- The Ancestor Hunt, Kenneth R. Marks
- Blogging Genealogy, Caroline M. Pointer [boy, I don’t know how I missed this!]
- DAR Library Launches New Series of Revolutionary War Research Source Guides, NSDAR Press Release
- Ten Great Ways to Celebrate Family History Month, Lisa Alzo
- The Stonington Battle Flag, Susan J. Jerome
- Dad’s Cousin Married Mom’s Cousin, Becky Jamison
- New BCG Certification Videos Online, Angela Packer McGhie
Websites & Resources
- Illinois Gravestones Photos – "The mission of this project is to capture digital images of gravestones of our ancestors."
- Cook County, Illinois, GIS - Maps and Data – Lots of useful maps for Cook County.
- UNCAP (Uncovering Chicago Archives Project) – "UNCAP's unique institutional collaboration provides open public access to online finding aids for hundreds of archival collections documenting a wide range of topics, time periods, and geographical areas." Archival Institutions include: the Chicago Defender newspaper, the DuSable Museum of African-American History, the Vivian G. Harsh Research Collection of Afro-American History and Literature of the Chicago Public Library, Northwestern University, the South Side Community Art Center, and the University of Chicago.
- Civil War Soldier Search – Website with lots of information for Civil War research.
- Historic USGS Maps of New England & NY – Various maps from the University of New Hampshire Government Information Department.
|October 29||TNG of Genealogy Sitebuilding Series Workshop – Part 2||DearMYRTLE||DearMYRTLE|
|October 31||Breaking Down Your Irish Brick Wall||Judith Eccles Wight||Legacy Family Tree|
|November 3||Immigrant Voices – Angel Island Immigrants||Roy Chan||Southern California Genealogical Society|
|November 5||YouTube for Archiving Interviews||DearMYRTLE||DearMYRTLE|
|November 7||Researching Your Canadian Ancestors—An Overview||Claire V. Brisson-Banks||Legacy Family Tree|
|November 13||Sidestep Genealogy||George G. Morgan||Illinois State Genealogical Society|
|November 14||Genealogy For Novices: Where Do We Begin?||Linda Woodward Geiger||Legacy Family Tree|
|November 15||The Basics of DNA Testing for Genealogy||Diahan Southard||Utah Genealogical Association|
|November 16||10 Ideas for Great Gifts Using Your Family Photos||Thomas MacEntee||Legacy Family Tree|
|November 28||The Big 4 US Record Sources||Mary Hill||Legacy Family Tree|
|December 1||Sharing and Preserving Memories in a Digital Era||Daniel Horowitz||Southern California Genealogical Society|
|December 5||Researching Your Irish Ancestors: Beyond the Basics||Judith Eccles Wight||Legacy Family Tree|
|December 11||Ready-Set-Plan! Developing a One-Step Research Plan||J. Mark Lowe||Illinois State Genealogical Society|
|December 19||Jewish Genealogy 101||Schelly Talalay Dardashti||Southern California Genealogical Society|