Picture

Picture

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Genealogy Business Card

I got this idea somewhere along the line, although I don't remember from where.  At any rate, since I am heading to the Illinois state conference for DAR in two weeks, I thought I'd better put one together.  I also thought I'd share it here.

I had a package of pre-cut business cards to use with my printer, so I decided to use them up.  On the front, I've included contact information, which includes a link to my blog and a link to my Ancestry profile (using TinyURL).  On the back of the card I listed the surnames I am researching.

bc_front

bc_back

I think this will come in really handy at the DAR conference, as well as my trip to the state archives on Saturday.


Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Amy (WeTree) said...

I've had genealogy business cards for a while now. I highly recommend them. People always pause and read the surnames on the back.

Photo-digi-scrapper-princess said...

Great idea Julie. I'll have to make one of my own up. I own a photo lab for 27 years and often talk to customers about Genealogy and the importance of preserving photos.

Judi Jatho Weber
One of your FB friends

Paula Hinkel said...

This is a great idea! Do you mind if we pick up this idea and include it in our Society newsletter? We'll give you full credit, of course.

Professor Dru said...

Great idea, Julie.

Thanks for sharing.

GenealogySleuth said...

I've been doing this for several years. I use a picture of my ggrandmother as a young girl for my graphic. I got the idea to use surnames from Sandra Clunies who provides a page of her surnames when she gives a talk.

Janet Iles said...

Julie, your card is quite attractive and a good idea.

SCHELLY TALALAY DARDASHTI said...

Hi, Julie. A good idea. For one conference I made them up myself, and included on the back not only my names of interest but also the towns of origin. Of course, all of this was in 6pt type, but we're used to reading illegible documents, right? Today, we need to add our Twitter and Facebook info also!

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

I've had genealogy cards for awhile, but never thought to put the surnames on the back. GREAT IDEA!

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...