Weekly column sharing genealogy-related things that I’ve found.
- Lois Abromitis Mackin
- Family History Sleuthing
- Forgotten Bookmarks
- The Last Leaf on This Branch, Laura Cosgrove Lorenzana (I have no idea how I missed this, congrats on one year of blogging!)
- 100 Social History Websites, Gena Phillibert-Ortega
- Digging Up Old Dirt, Mary Staub
- Up a Family Tree, Leslie Larson
- Why Ambitious Genealogists Need Credentials and Eight Tips for Those Considering Certification, Harold Henderson
- Tech Tuesday – Transcript Transcribing Software, Jessica
- An Inside Look at the Future of FamilySearch Indexing, Jen Anderson
- “How Menus, Letters, and Business Cards Could Unlock a Genealogy Secret: The Importance of Ephemera,” by Gena Phillibert-Ortega, APGQ, June 2012.
- “The Research Report: Purposes, Practices, and Other Must-Know Elements,” by Diana Crisman Smith, APGQ, June 2012.
- “Educating Ourselves: Genealogy and the Law,” by Debbie Parker Wayne, APGQ, June 2012.
- ILGenWeb Project – this website (and many of its county websites) recently moved to a new domain, be sure to update your bookmarks.
- A Brief Guide to Archives in Chicago (thanks, Paula!)
- Discovering American Women’s History Online
- ArchiveGrid (thanks, Gena!)
- Iowa Pathways
- The 5 C’s for Success in Genealogy Today, Barbara Renick, August 22 (Legacy Family Tree)
- Here I Am! Marketing Your Professional Services, Diana Crisman Smith, August 22 (Association of Professional Genealogists)
- Building a Family From Circumstantial Evidence, Judy G. Russel, August 29 (Legacy Family Tree)
- Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker. Researching Your Ancestors’ Occupations, Denise Spurlock, September 1 (Southern California Genealogical Society)
- Beyond the Arrival Date: Extracting More from Passenger Lists, Lisa Alzo, September 5 (Legacy Family Tree)
- Grandma did What!?: Researching your Famous and Infamous Relatives, Gena Phillibert-Ortega, September 11 (Illinois State Genealogical Society)
- What is a 'Reasonably Exhaustive Search'?, Michael Hait, September 12 (Legacy Family Tree)
- Getting Started with Heritage Collector Software, Kathleen Bitter, September 14 (Legacy Family Tree)
- Use Your Digital Camera to Copy Records, Mary Hill, September 19 (Legacy Family Tree)
- Playground Rules for Genealogy on the Internet, Janet Hovorka, September 19 (Southern California Genealogical Society)
- City Directories: More Than Names and Addresses, Jason Harrison, September 20 (Utah Genealogical Association)