Picture

Picture

Thursday, June 30, 2011

SAR Applications Searchable on Ancestry

Ancestry has a new collection, just in time for the 4th of July.  You can now search the Sons of the American Revolution applications, which are indexed by all of the names found in the lineage of the application.  Images of the applications are also available.  I could not find the option to download the images, nor could I right-click the image in Firefox…I could right-click and save the image from Chrome (don’t know about IE…I don’t dare open it!).

I’ve only done a few quick searches, but I have already found SAR members who are cousins and am able to fill in some missing pieces and links in my research.  They’re also providing information to carry down the lines into the current generation, which I had not been able to do previously.  Hoping to find more as time permits.

And, don’t forget that you can also search the Daughters of the American Revolution databases by ancestor or descendant and obtain the lineage from the member’s application.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...