Here’s my status for days 7 to 11:
Task 1A – 50 source citations. I spent most of yesterday going back and fixing citations, and I’m sure I did well over 50. This is an ongoing process but I hope to have everything up-to-date by the end of June.
Task 3E – Create at least 20 data entries in your database, or scan 20 photos, or scan 20 documents. I was originally going to scan 20 photos, but I haven’t gotten that far yet. Instead, as I was updating sources yesterday, I also found I was missing some census information for some people and took care of that last night. I did get some record copies over the weekend that need to be scanned, so that will likely be done by the end of the week. Do I get browning points for that ;)
Task 4B – Create a timeline related to one of your lines of research, a specific ancestor or location. Get creative using a free application such as TimeToast. Post your timeline on your blog. I really struggled with this. I purchaced Genelines a while back, but never really used it. I figured this would be a good time to do so, but I was having some problems. I got it figured out yesterday, but wanted to fix some data in Legacy and then run a new timeline. Unfortunately, when I went back today to do it, for some reason it’s not pulling all the events. Frustrated, I simply created a chronology report from Legacy, which personally, is easier to read and decipher. You can read more in my post Working With Timelines.
I’ve got four more tasks to complete to fulfill my goals. I’m hoping I can get it done by the end of the week, but I’m not sure. I have five reels of deed indexes to go through before the films get returned to FHL, so that’s taking priority. Speaking of which, I’m off to go do that right now.