Picture

Picture

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Weekly Genealogy Blogging Prompt #12

Prompt:  Use your blog to break down a brick wall. Posting a name may ring a bell with a reader. Maybe you’ll make a connection in 5 minutes. May be it will take 2 years. Either way, asking for help is the first step to knocking down that wall.

Ahh, brick walls.  We all probably have so many it's hard to pick just one.  I've chosen to talk about my paternal line brick wall.  I'm able to go back six generation, but that sixth one is in need of a big drill to start knocking down the wall.

Michael CAHILL and Anne HALE are my third great-grandparents.  They were both born in Ireland, likely Kilkenny County.  They were married on 30 January 1855 in Thomastown, Kilkenny, Leinster, Ireland.  They probably both died in Ireland.

To my knowledge, they had five children:  John (1856-?), Thomas Robert (1864-1929), John F (1866-1937), Margaret (1867-?), and Daniel J (1870-?).

Thomas is my second great-grandfather and I have been able to find plenty on information on him and his family.  I've also found a lot of information on John F and his family.  I'd really like to know more about John, Margaret, and Daniel J.

I'd also like to find out more about Michael and Anne.  When/where were they born?  When/where did they die?  Did they have any other children?  Who were their parents?  Did they have any siblings?

If anyone out there has any information or ideas for searches, please leave a comment on this post.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...