Picture

Picture

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lucky 21

Randy over at Genea-Musings asks: Who is #21 on your Ahnentafel list?

Sarah Jane WARD, my second great-grandmother, was born in April 1875 in Illinois to Bridget and ?? Ward.  She married Timothy J McMAHON about 1899.  He was born on 14 May 1874 in Chicago.  Together they had two children:  John Ward McMAHON (b. 7 April 1902 in Chicago) and Timothy G McMAHON (b. 17 March 1904 in Chicago).  John is my great-grandfather.

I don't know too much about Sarah.  Her and Timothy lived and raised their children in Chicago.  She died on 29 December 1939, just a few months after Timothy, who died on 14 October.

What's ironic is that I was working on this line yesterday.  Okay, I was working on several lines yesterday as I searched the Cook County birth and marriage records on FamilySearch.  I found her son's Timothy's birth certificate (I already had John's).  Then I spent some time trying to figure out her mother's maiden name and her father's first name.  I have some leads but need to track down some records before I can go any further.

Now, if Randy would have picked #23, I could have written a book!

GenBlog Signature


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...