Picture

Picture

Friday, February 13, 2009

And the Award Goes to...

n47861282636_9847

The 66th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy is upon us.  In honor of the Academy Awards, it's now time for geneaBloggers to take center stage for the 2nd annual Academy of Genealogy and Family History Awards.  So without further ado, let's take a look at the 2008 blog posts that won!

~Best Picture~

Best old family photo that appeared on your blog in 2008. Tell us which you liked best and why.

And the award goes to...

Wordless Wednesday - 10/15/08

This is a photo of my second great-grandfather, James Manly GARRISON, and his son James Norton GARRISON taken about 1896.  It's one of my favorites because it's probably the oldest photo I have in my possession of my own family.

~Best Screen Play~

Which family story that you shared in 2008 would make the best movie? Who would you cast as your family members?

And the award goes to...

I Heard it in the News

There are three stories discussed in this post, but the first one could be a screen play.  It's about my great-grandfather, who died after falling from a trolley car in 1946.  There were a lot of circumstances that surrounded the fall and the quality of care at the hospital.


~Best Documentary~

Which was the best informational article you wrote about a place, thing, or event involving your family's history in 2008?

And the award goes to...

Saturday in the Attic - 11/15/08

This particular post talks about my grandfather in WWII and the conception of my father prior to grandpa leaving for Europe.

~Best Biography~

Which was the best biographical article you wrote in 2008?

And the award goes to...

Mini-Bio: Harold L. MILLER (1918-1982)

This is a short bio of my maternal grandfather, Harold Leslie MILLER.

~Best Comedy~

Which was the best funny story, poem, joke, photo, or video that you shared on your blog in 2008?

And the award goes to...

Good Thing I Didn't Live in the '30s

This was a quiz at Blogthings basically telling me I'd make a horrible 1930s housewife.  Sadly, I'd have to agree.

And there you have it!

GenBlog Signature


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...