Picture

Picture

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Only 4 Elusive Photos Remain

I am an organization freak.  Prior to the GeneaBlogger Games back in August, I had already started to organize my photos.  While participating in the games, I finished the task and have since been busy scanning them.

After the initial sort, I had a stack of unknowns and unsures.  My visit with mom and Aunt Flo over the holidays, while wonderful in many other ways, was very helpful in identifying that stack of photos.

I am now left with only FOUR unknowns.  There is no identifying information whatsoever to go off of, and neither my mom, nor my aunt could identify them.  The topic of "Who Are You?" for the 9th edition of Smile For the Camera couldn't have come at a better time.  So without further ado, I present to you my four remaining elusive photos.

unknown1

unknown4

unknown-2

unknown-3 

Do you recognize any of the people?

GenBlog Signature


Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Greta Koehl said...

The top photograph reminds me that some of the most difficult photos to get ID'd are the baby photos. Initially most baby photos are identified or you can match them up with a known baby photo or by proximity to other photos in an old album, but the baby photos that are left over after that are really difficult to figure out (at least that's what has happened to me). Good luck with these 4!

Anonymous said...

For some reason, looking at this photo today, it looks like my Aunt Marge.

Judith Richards Shubert said...

The second picture looks like an old military barracks of some sort. Hope you are successful at identifying these photos.

wendy said...

I agree with Judith about the 2nd picture. Have you found any "in-law" relatives who might have been in the military and stationed on a base? Or someone who worked for the Civil Service perhaps? That could help you figure out who the lady is. The boys' photos at bottom remind me of school pictures. Good luck, Julie! (I'm amazed that you only have 4 unknown pictures!)

Julie said...

Judith & Wendy,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to explore that one some more.

Julie

P.S. I am amazed I only had four too!

Miriam Robbins said...

The first photo looks like it was taken in the 1940s. The second photo appears to be in the 1920s and the building behind it looks very European to me, especially how the road comes right up to it.

The two boys' photographs look like they were taken in the 1950s, with the latter one being probably a school photo. I would say the younger child is 4 or 5, and the older child about 8 to 10.

Good luck!

Julie said...

Miriam,

Thanks for the hints!

Julie

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...