Picture

Picture

Friday, January 2, 2009

Another New Gadget - Mobile Scanner

So, as I was planning our last minute trip to visit mom in Arizona, it also became a last minute trip to Longview, Texas to visit my grandaunt, Flo.

As mom and I were talking, we got to thinking that Flo might have some useful documents, memorial/funeral cards, photos, etc.  I'm all about electronic storage, and photos of course do not photocopy well, so I thought perhaps it was time to invest in a portable scanner.

Although I was in a bit of a time crunch, I researched many different models and settled on Pentax DSmobile 600 Scanner.  As luck would have it (hey, if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!), the scanner was out of stock.  It would be shipped on December 17 and with 2-day I'd have it on the 19th.  I didn't want to chance it, so I had it shipped to mom's, and wouldn't you know, it showed up on the 19th (better there, than to chance it not arriving here before we left).

I was able to use it at mom's to scan in photos that we came across and one's that I didn't have from her wedding to my step-father.  I didn't play around with it too much.  It looks like you can use their software, but I just did it through Photoshop's import.  The scanner is up to par; high quality scans and easy to use.  You only need to plug it into your computer through a USB port; there's no power cord, as it uses power from the computer.  It's lightweight, comes with a nice parrying case, and is very portable.

While visiting Aunt Flo, I wasn't able to use it, as we met somewhere other than her condo.  But, it certainly would have come in handy had the circumstances been a little different.

I can't wait to use it for other things, such as at the library.  Many times I come across great finds in vertical files, but have to pay to photocopy them.  Now I can feed them in my scanner at no cost and have the digital files!

Very cool and well worth the investment!

GenBlog Signature


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...