The 63rd edition of the Carnival of Genealogy is upon us and the theme this time is New Year's Resolutions.
So, without further ado, here are my genealogy-related resolutions for 2009.
I resolve to...
- Accept that try as I might, I cannot always find the answer.
- Learn more about the lives of my ancestors, focusing more on the how and why, not just the who, what, when, and where.
- Blog more, by sharing my ancestors' stories and helping fellow family historians.
- Transcribe more records than I did in 2008.
- Make a decision as to what level I want to take genealogy to (the family historian? a professional? another direction?) and make a plan for how to get there.