Okay, so I got a little off-track today, but I still got a lot done. In my last posted I said my next tasks were to work on organizing hard-copy photos. Instead, I organized a batch of hard-copy files I came across.
What I Did
- I organized a batch of hard-copy files (33 items in total). They are now in their proper place among my other already filed items.
- I scanned the aforementioned items (using my new naming convention and sourcing standards I established yesterday, they are good to go!).
- I entered all of the information accumulated from the aforementioned items into my database, being sure to cite them as I went.
- Organize Your Research - Task B (organize digital files) COMPLETE
- Organize Your Research - Task D (organize digital photos) COMPLETE
- Organize Your Research - Task A (organize hard files) COMPLETE
- Organize Your Research - Task E (data/entry or scan photos/files) COMPLETE
- Go Back & Cite Your Sources 33 and counting
- Organize Your Research - Task C (organize hard-copy photos)
- Go Back & Cite Your Sources - need to do 17 more for Platinum
Check out other participant's progress by visiting their blog. A listing can be found at AnceStories: The Stories of My Ancestors
Originally posted @ my LiveJournal blog on 10 August 2008.