Picture

Picture

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Genea-Blogger Group Games - Day 2

Okay, so I got a little off-track today, but I still got a lot done.  In my last posted I said my next tasks were to work on organizing  hard-copy photos.  Instead, I organized a batch of hard-copy files I came across.

What I Did

  • I organized a batch of hard-copy files (33 items in total).  They are now in their proper place among my other already filed items.
  • I scanned the aforementioned items (using my new naming convention and sourcing standards I established yesterday, they are good to go!).
  • I entered all of the information accumulated from the aforementioned items into my database, being sure to cite them as I went.

Updated Tally

  • Organize Your Research - Task B (organize digital files) COMPLETE
  • Organize Your Research - Task D (organize digital photos) COMPLETE
  • Organize Your Research - Task A (organize hard files) COMPLETE
  • Organize Your Research - Task E (data/entry or scan photos/files) COMPLETE
  • Go Back & Cite Your Sources 33 and counting

What's Next

  • Organize Your Research - Task C (organize hard-copy photos)
  • Go Back & Cite Your Sources - need to do 17 more for Platinum

Check out other participant's progress by visiting their blog.  A listing can be found at AnceStories: The Stories of My Ancestors

Originally posted @ my LiveJournal blog on 10 August 2008.

Julie


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...