Picture

Picture

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Genea-Blogger Group Games - Day 1

I have completed organizing the files and photos I had already stored on my computer!  In my earlier post I mentioned that I started on a folder that contained 183 files/photos.  I got through about half, making sure to save some for the official competition.  All of them are now organized!

What I Did

  • I didn't like the naming convention I had previously chosen, so I created a new one and renamed all of the files.
  • I added additional info to the photo, such as who, what, when, where.
  • I added source info to each photo and file.  This will be helpful since I spent quite a bit of time tracking this down today for about 20 or so photos.
  • I also split up the photos and files into two folders:  one for my family, and one for my husband's.
  • Now that I have set a presedence, I will do all of the above everytime I add a new file or photo!

Tally

  • Organize Your Research - Task B (organize digital files) COMPLETE
  • Organize Your Research - Task D (organize digital photos) COMPLETE

What's Next

  • Organize Your Research - Task C (organize hard-copy photos)
  • Organize Your Research - Task E (organize data entry/scanning)

That's all for now...back to work.

Check out other participant's progress by visiting their blog.  A listing can be found at AnceStories: The Stories of My Ancestors.

Originally posted @ my LiveJournal blog on 9 August 2008.

Julie


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...