Picture

Picture

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Family Events - Week of September 15 to September 21

Polly Ann WEBSTER - is my 3rd great-grandaunt.  According to family documents, she was born on 15 September 1830 in Michigan and died on 12 March 1910 in Michigan.  I actually have a letter somewhere written by her (to her sister Sarah, I think, can't remember for sure) that I hope to transcribed sometime soon.

John Francis CAHILL - My paternal grandfather, John, was born on 12 June 1922 in Aurora, Illinois.  He died when I was seven-years-old on September 16, 1984.  Much of my research lately has been focused on him and his time in WWII.  [1]

Charles STOFFEL - According to my grandmother's handwritten notes, Charles, my great-great-grandfather was born on 16 September 1855 in Frankfort, Germany.

Elmer W F TRAPP - Elmer was my 2nd cousin twice removed.  He was born on 7 August 1919 in Cook County, Illinois.  He died on 17 September 1968.  [2]

James Norton GARRISON - According to family documents, my great-granduncle, James, was born on 19 September 1895 in Canada.

Clarence L ROTTMAN - Clarence is my 1st cousin twice removed.  He was born on 20 September 1896 in Iowa.  He was 89 years-young when he died on 6 November 1985 in Iowa.  [3]

Ethel Mary ROTTMAN & George W COSTER - Ethel was my 1st cousin twice removed.  She married George on 21 September 1920 in Iowa.  [4]  Oddly enough, Ethel was the sister of Clarence (above), who married Margaret Alma COSTER, George's sister.

---------------------------------------------------------

Notes

1.  State of Illinois, death certificate no. not indicated (1984), John F CAHILL, State of Illinois Department of Public Health. 

2.  Memorial card for Elmer TRAPP, October 1968; privately held by Julie Marie CAHILL Tarr. 

3.  Memorial card for Clarence L ROTTMAN, November 1985; privately held by Julie Marie CAHILL Tarr. 

4.  Obituary for Ethel Mary ROTTMAN Coster, 19 November 1986, from Cedard Rapids Gazette (Cedard Rapids, Iowa); privately held by Julie Marie CAHILL Tarr.


Originally posted @ my LiveJournal blog on 15 September 2008.

Julie


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...