Picture

Picture

Thursday, October 16, 2008

5th Edition Smile For The Camera - A Carnival Of Images

The theme for the 5th Edition Smile For The Camera - A Carnival Of Images is Crowning Glory.

Show us those wonderful photographs of hairdos and maybe even a few don'ts. Don't limit yourself to just hair fashion through the ages, got a great photograph of a hat, helmet, bonnet, or some other interesting headgear?

I came across this photo in a stack of photographs I forgot I had. Even though I wasn't looking for a photo for this post, when I saw it, I knew it was the one.

TRAPP, Dorothy TRAPP Photo 01

This is a photo of my "Aunt" Dorothy (okay, she's really my second cousin twice removed). She was born in 1918, and I'm guessing that she was in her 20s or 30s (1938-1958) when this picture was taken. It also appears that the photo was "hand colored," although I am certainly no photo expert, so I can't be sure. I haven't been able to identify the hairstyle to give me any additional clues as to time period.

I am curious to learn more about when the photo was taken and if it is hand-colored, so I'll be adding it to my to-do list!

Photograph of Dorothy Trapp, date and photographer unknown; privately held by Julie Marie CAHILL Tarr, Normal, Illinois.

Originally posted @ my LiveJournal blog on 29 August 2008.

Julie


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...