The Carnival of Genealogy - 56th Edition challenged us to choose our top ten essential books for our genealogical research. Short, sweet, and to-the-point, here's my list.
- BCG Genealogical Standards Manual, Board for Certification of Genealogists, 2000
- Evidence Explained: Citing History Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace, Elizabeth Shown Mills, 2007
- Professional Genealogy: A Manual for Researchers, Writers, Editors, Lecturers, and Librarians, Elizabeth Shown Mills, 2001
- Locating Lost Family Members & Friends : Modern Genealogical Research Techniques for Locating the People of Your Past and Present, Kathleen W. Hinckley, 1999
- The Family Tree Problem Solver: Proven Methods for Scaling the Inevitable Brick Wall, Marsha Hoffman Rising, 2005
- Genealogical Proof Standard: Building a Solid Case, Christine Rose, 2005
- Your Guide to Cemetery Research, Sharon Debartolo Carmack, 2002
- Co. Kilkenny Ireland, Genealogy & Family History Notes, Michael O'Laughlin, 2002
- Book of Irish Families Great & Small, Michael O'Laughlin, 2002
- German-American Names, George F. Jones, 2006
Originally posted @ my LiveJournal blog on 11 September 2008.