Wow, the 2013 RootsTech conference is just around the corner! The conference is being held March 21-23, 2013 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. The “early bird” registration fee is $149 and ends on February 15. But, as an official RootsTech blogger, I have the opportunity to give away a free registration to one lucky reader! Already registered? No problem, if you win, your paid registration fee will be refunded.
All you have to do to be entered for a chance to win the free RootsTech registration is complete a short survey. To complete the survey, you will need to visit the RootsTech website and have a look around in order to answer three questions. This contest ends at 11:59 PM (Central) on Sunday, January 27, 2013 and a random drawing of eligible entries will be held on Monday, January 28, 2013. The winner will be announced on this blog during the week of January 28, 2013.
Please read on for a quick tutorial on using the RootsTech schedule, which you will need in order to answer the survey questions; the entry instructions, and the all-important contest rules.
RootsTech Schedule Tutorial
Two of the questions involve the schedule of events, so here’s a quick tutorial on navigating the website.
Visit http://rootstech.org, and in the left-hand menu, choose Schedule.
You will see the “Week-at-a-Glance” schedule. To get to the session listings, choose Main Schedule from the left-hand menu. (Note: All sessions, including the Getting Started track and the Story@Home track are included in the Main Schedule. If you are interested in the Developer track, however, you will need to select Developer Day from the menu in lieu of or in addition to the Main Schedule.)
Once you are in the Main Schedule, you can navigate between the three days by using the tabs at the top of the schedule.
- Complete the quick survey. You must answer all of the questions in order to be eligible for the drawing.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Enter only if you intend to attend the conference.
- You must provide your real first and last name, as well as a valid email address.
- Contest ends at 11:59 PM (Central) on Sunday, January 27, 2013. Entries received after that are not eligible. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Entrants must follow the Entry Instructions above in order to be qualified for the drawing.
- One (1) winner will be drawn at random from the qualified entries on Monday, January 28, 2013, and will receive a free registration for the RootsTech 2013 Conference (this does not include travel expenses, accommodations, etc.). The winner will be notified by email. The winner will be announced on this blog during the week of January 28, 2013.
- The winner must respond to my email within 36 hours. If I do not get a response within 36 hours, I will conduct another random drawing with the same response conditions until a winner is found.
- Your name and email address will be kept private. I will contact the winner by email. Only the name (and website or blog address, if desired) of the winner will be posted on my blog announcing the winner.
The survey can be accessed here.
And don’t forget to share this with your friends through Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.