Picture

Picture

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

GeneaBlogger Games – Days 1-4

Last time I was itching to get started, but I must admit, this time around, I’m a little slow getting out of the gate.  But I have managed to do a few things.  Here’s the current tally.

Category:  Write, Write, Write

Task A – Write a summary of what your blog is about.  I rewrote my “about this blog” page, since the focus has changed since I started blogging.

Task E – For this task I created a surname page for my blog using Blogger’s new static page feature.  I already had a link pointing to a post I did awhile back, but this was a good opportunity to update that list with additional surnames and updated information.

Task F - Participate in a 52 Weeks To Better Genealogy Challenge.  I participated in Challenge #6 and will likely do a post for Challenge #7.

Category:  Expand Your Knowledge

Task D - Visit tutorial and learning pages of popular websites such as Ancestry.com or FamilySearch’s excellent articles repository.  I took a different route with this one and instead visited the Skillbuilding page for Board for Certification of Genealogists.  Of particular interest was an article written by Elizabeth Shown Mills, entitled, “Transcribing Source Materials.”

Task E – Create a surname visualization.  I created a new Wordle to go with my new surname page.

GenBlog%20Signature%5B4%5D%5B4%5D%5B2%5D[1]


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Mavis said...

I've been slow getting out of the gate myself and these are my first games. Hopefully, by the start of week two, I will have build up a head a steam.

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...