Picture

Picture

Saturday, February 13, 2010

GeneaBlogger 2010 Winter Games – Let the Games Begin!!

It’s time for the GeneaBlogger 2010 Winter Games.  I participated in the 2008 games, only a few weeks after I had started blogging.  It was a great learning experiences, as I learned quite a bit about blogging and genealogy.  I’m psyched to participate again! 

So let the games begin!!!

My Flag

I’m using the same flag I created last year.  My flag represents the American, German, and Irish  heritage of my family.

GBflag

My Events

Go Back and Cite Your Sources – I will be going for Platinum again, which requires 50 citations.  After the last games, I’ve been pretty good about sourcing information.  However, with the update of Legacy, which included SourceWriter, I still have many sources that need to be updated to follow the correct citation format.  I’ve been working on updating them periodically, so this event gives me motivation to do at least another 50 within the next two weeks.

Organize Your Research – Going for Diamond again.   I will be completing Task A (organize 20 hard files), Task C (organize 20 photos), and Tasks E and B (scan 20 photos and organize them).  I actually started Task A a few days ago, converting to the FamilyRoots Organizer system (developed by Mary E. V. Hill).  I’m maybe about halfway done, but ran out of folders.  It will be finished once I get new folders.  I’ve been procrastinating on Task C, so this event gives me the motivation to get a move on…I have all the materials to organize my photos, just haven’t sat down to do it.  Tasks B and E will be done together…I always have plenty of photos to scan…not sure that will ever end!!

Expand Your Knowledge – I’m going to try for Platinum.  Some of these I already do, but there are always more ancestors to work with, so I’m pretty sure I can do Tasks A, B, and C.  Task D has been on my to-do list for awhile, as there are many sources out there that offer help and guidance.  As for Task E, I already created a Wordle, but I think I want to create an individual one for each of my grandparents’ lines.  Plus, I may try the Word It Out application this time around.

Write, Write, Write – I’m going for Platinum.  Last time, I completed Task A, but my blog has grown so much since then, it’s time to do it again, and create a separate page for it (now an available option for Blogger).  Task C is no problem, as I pre-publish my Tombstone Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, and Orphan Photo posts.  I haven’t decided who to write a biographical sketch of for Task D, but I will get it done.  I’m excited to complete Task E, since the new feature on Blogger lets us create static pages.  Currently, I have a link pointing to a post with a list of names, but I want to create a separate page with more information.  I hope to participate in Task F.  In fact, that reminds me, I didn’t do Challenge 6 yet!

GenBlog%20Signature%5B4%5D[5]


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...