Picture

Picture

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

52 Weeks to Better Genealogy – Challenge #3, Assess Yourself

The challenge for week 3 is:  Assess Yourself!

You’re great at researching everyone else’s history, but how much of your own have you recorded? Do an assessment of your personal records and timeline events to ensure your own life is as well-documented as that of your ancestors. If you have a genealogy blog, write about the status of your own research and steps you may take to fill gaps and document your own life.

This is something I actually took the time to do awhile ago.  I’m probably the most complete person in my genealogy database!  My birth, baptism, and marriage, are of course recorded, and the certificates are in my possession.  But I also have items listed such as residences (where and when), schools (where, when, graduation dates), jobs (where, when), memberships (professional, academic, personal), and other assorted events (music competitions, family weddings attended, my confirmation, etc.).

This challenge did prompt me to do some updating, as a few things needed to be updated, as well as added.  Below is a screenshot of part of my own timeline.

 timeline

I wish I had half of this type of information for my ancestors.  Maybe in time, I will get there!

GenBlog%20Signature%5B4%5D[3]


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Amanda E. Perrine said...

Julie,
Thank you for this wonderful post. I hope I can get myself in my genealogy program as well as you have!
Amanda

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...