Picture

Picture

Monday, October 5, 2009

I’m Back From SLC!

I got home yesterday from a very long and exhausting week at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.  It was six days of solid research, which included excessive cranking of the microfilm machine and thumbing through several books. 

I’m happy to report that I found lots of good stuff that I will write about in the coming weeks.  Some finds were expected, others not so much, still other finds were completely by chance.

While there’s always more research to be done, I am happy to be home.  I had no idea how much it would wear me out!  Plus, now I have the chance to sit back and reflect on my finds, enter them in my database, and make more research plans.

P.S.  I did find out that the FHL will be open until midnight during the 2010 NGS conference being held in SLC.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Thomas MacEntee said...

Julie

Will you be at NGS in May 2010? If so, I will see you there!

Carol Genung said...

It WAS a great trip!! I found so much information, but could have found more if we had more time. I loved my first experience with the FHL!!

Carol Genung

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...