Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday in the Attic – 06/27/09

This is a baptism certificate for my great-grandfather, Emil Charles MILLER.  The document is 120 years old and is in written in German.



DianaR said...

That is marvelous! I can't tell from the picture - but where in Germany was he baptised? Does it give a place?

Julie Cahill Tarr said...

Hey Diana,

He was actually baptized in Chicago. I guess back in 1899 the church they attended still did things in German, including issuing baptism certificates written in German.


DianaR said...

Oh hadn't even thought of that!! Very true - I have Swiss-German relatives in Ohio and the church they attended had the service in German (100 years ago - not now)

Lori E said...

I have some certificates from Latvia that were from my husband's mother's family. I am lucky to have them.

Claudia's thoughts said...

What a treasure that you would have this document.

Nikki-ann said...

What a great find! :)

  © Copyright 2008~2013. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  Social media icons are from GraphicsFuel.com

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...