On Tuesday, I posted Bingo! (and a few lessons learned). The long and the short is that I finally found my grandfather in the 1930 census. He was indexed as Jack Isbill, when in actuality it should have been Jack Cahill.
I submitted corrections to his record and the others in the family. Today, I got emails from Ancestry saying that they had added the correction and it was now available in the searches.
|The Email from Ancestry|
|The Original Indexed Record|
|The Corrected Indexed Record|
|The New Search Results|
I'm impressed that the turnaround time was only a few days. I'm also impressed that this option is available so as to help others in their searches. I strongly encourage everyone to submit corrections anytime you find something indexed incorrectly.